Holly M. Spanggord, M.D.
General Ophthalmology, Refractive and Laser Cataract Surgery, Corneal Transplant Procedures, and Laser Vision Correction
- Graduate, University of California, Irvine. Bachelor of Science in Biology – Cum Laude; Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Cum Laude
- M.D., University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Internship, Preliminary Medicine, University of California, San Francisco – Mount Zion Medical Center
- Residency, Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, Houston, Texas
- Fellowship, Cornea/External Disease/Refractive Surgery, Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Professional Certifications and Membership
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, Orange County Society of Ophthalmology, California Academy of Ophthalmology, International Society of Refractive Surgery, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- President, Orange County Society of Ophthalmology, 2011 - 2013
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching, Western University of Health Sciences, June 2018
- Academic Credential
- Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles California
Dr. Spanggord has received advanced fellowship training in all types of Refractive Surgery and Corneal Surgery. She is experienced with all types of laser vision correction including Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK) and Laser Assisted Stromal In-Situ Keratomileuses (LASIK). She is also an expert in Penetrating Keratoplasty (Corneal Transplant) and in the diagnosis and treatment of corneal and external eye diseases.